Understanding Marijuana Charges in South Carolina
If you are facing a marijuana charge in South Carolina, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the law and potential penalties. If you are searching for information on marijuana charges in South Carolina, you have come to the right place. We will delve into South Carolina’s marijuana laws, specifically simple possession charges, and explore how The Law Office of Sara A. Turner can provide essential assistance during this challenging time.
Understanding Marijuana Charges in South Carolina:
South Carolina has stringent regulations concerning marijuana, and being charged with a marijuana-related offense can be overwhelming. Whether you are dealing with simple possession or other marijuana-related charges, it is important to know your rights. Your initial ticker will have a trial date that is usually set very close to the date of arrest. This date is a bench trial date which means you are defending your case before just a Judge and not a jury. It is important to contact an attorney immediately after your arrest to discuss which route is appropriate in your case.
Simple Possession of Marijuana:
Simple possession refers to the personal use of a small quantity of marijuana. In South Carolina, this offense is categorized as a misdemeanor. Penalties for simple marijuana possession can range from fines ($200.00 plus court costs), mandatory drug education programs, and, in some cases, incarceration (up to 30 days). The severity of these consequences depends on factors such as the prior convictions and the nature of the arrest itself.
How The Law Office of Sara A. Turner Can Assist You:
If you are facing marijuana charges in South Carolina, The Law Office of Sara A. Turner is your trusted legal partner. Here is how our legal team can provide essential assistance:
Knowledge of South Carolina Marijuana Laws:
- Attorney Sara A. Turner possesses extensive knowledge of South Carolina’s marijuana laws. Her experience in handling marijuana offenses at all levels enables her to offer tailored legal guidance specific to your case. Sara has practiced in Municipal Court and Magistrate Court since the beginning of her career. If you have a simple possession offense your charge will be pending in one of those Courts.
Crafting a Strong Legal Defense:
- Our legal team diligently constructs a robust defense strategy on your behalf. This includes examining the legality of search and seizure, analyzing evidence, and exploring potential plea options.
Negotiating with Prosecutors:
- Sara A. Turner is adept at negotiating with prosecutors to potentially reduce charges or penalties. This may involve seeking diversionary programs depending on the specifics of your case. There are several diversionary programs available, including PTI (Pre-Trial Intervention), Conditional Discharge, and the Gateway Program (Charleston County). It is important to consult with an attorney in order to explore whether these options are available and appropriate for your situation.
Protecting Your Rights:
- Safeguarding your rights is our top priority. We analyze whether law enforcement followed proper procedures during your arrest and whether your constitutional rights are upheld throughout the legal process.
Providing Support and Guidance:
- A marijuana conviction can have collateral consequences that may affect your future employment, education, and even housing opportunities. The Law Office of Sara A. Turner offers the support and guidance you need to make informed decisions and understand your legal options.
When facing a marijuana charge in South Carolina, it is essential to have the right legal representation by your side. With the assistance of The Law Office of Sara A. Turner, you can navigate the complexities of the legal system and work toward a favorable outcome. If you are searching for information on marijuana charges in South Carolina, please contact our office to schedule a consultation so that we can provide you with a tailored plan for your specific case.